Citizenship Essay Contest
“The most important thing about America”
- All entries for countywide competition are due to Knox County Council PTA by the County Deadline, .
- The Local Unit PTA submitting the entry must be a unit in good standing in accordance with Tennessee PTA Bylaws. To be in good standing a Local Unit PTA must, in summary: adhere to the purposes and policies of PTA, submit a membership report and appropriate due to Tennessee PTA by December 1 (maintaining a minimum membership of 20), have up-to-date bylaws, submit an Audit Report Form to Tennessee PTA by September 1, and file the appropriate Form 990 with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) by November 15 and submit a copy of its receipt to Tennessee PTA by November 20.
- County winners will be forwarded to the Tennessee PTA for statewide competition as Council entries by the State Deadline . Local Unit entries not sent to TNPTA by KCC PTA will be returned to you, so you may submit them to TNPTA from your local unit.
- County winners will be honored at the “Celebrating Our Students & Honoring Our Founders” Awards Ceremony.
- State winners will be honored at an event at the Tennessee PTA Convention
For additional Information, please contact Barry Myers, KCC President at email@example.com